Monday, June 08, 2009

A challenge...

I have been contemplating a lot lately, things in life, the goings on of my family and friends, and such... if you haven't heard the latest yet my sister Emily did a perfect post which I don't think I could improve upon so go check it out! :)
I have also been working on my goals of things I want to accomplish and do while my beloved is out to sea. I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to it or not but I think I've decided for it. And the "it" is committing to blogging more regularly. I don't ever want to blog out of obligation but I think it'd be a fun challenge to blog every day for a month (unless I'm out of town etc...)
So, here is post #1 for my self imposed challenge:

A skirt in the making...

I am using some left over vintage fabric I got from my mom at Christmas. You might recognize it as the same fabric I used for this apron. However because I did make the apron I didn't have quite the full amount to make the skirt I wanted. But by lessening the size of the pleats I think it'll still work out. Won't be as full of course but I SO wanted a skirt out of this darling fabric so I'm willing to compromise :)
I'm hoping to sew it up this week so stay tuned...