Monday, June 15, 2009

moral project...

Though I wasn't able to attend the deployment meeting this weekend cause I had company and other things to be doing we still wanted to take part in the moral project being put together for the ship. So I got some details from our ombudsman and...

there it is. an 8"x8" square, they are going to tie them together and make quilts, and then later untie them so each sailor can have his. I must say ours didn't turn out as nice as I'd have liked but it was my first time doing a fabric transfer so I think I scorched the pics a little. :( However I don't have time to make a whole new one so it'll have to do. and I think he'll still like it. I left a little plain spot in the bottom right hand corner so Gabriel can color on it with a crayon if he wants. They said last year they did pillow cases, and that sounds like a lot more fun to me than what we did this time. So I think we might make one on our own and send it in the next package.