Tuesday, June 09, 2009

today it came...

Daily blogging challenge day #2

This afternoon I have been working on my skirt, last night I'd sewn up the pleats but by morning decided I didn't like the way it was turning out. As everyone knows, if you don't love it, you won't wear it. And I want to love this skirt!
So, I brought down my dress form and began pinning and playing around to see what I could come up with.

I ended up putting one larger pleat in the front, two small pleats, one on each hip, and lots of little knife pleats in the back. which is what you see pictured.

Earlier in the day I had gone to check the mail and was pleased to fine my package from Amazon had arrived!

I had ordered the book on Terrariums and the newest Enya CD, which although it's the winter/Christmas one and it's now summer, I got anyway. For anyone who really knows me knows how much I adore Enya! I'm excited to sit down and read the book though, I've been wanting it for some time and can't wait to glean knowledge and start making my own little terrariums!
you likely noticed that there are other items in that photo which I did not include in my list of arrivals from Amazon. That is because while I was sewing away the ups man arrived with Two more packages!!! One of which is the book and CD set of "Growing Kids God's Way". I'm really excited to start listening and learning from that one as well.
The third package was from Forever 21...

I have decided that while Nathan is away, and shopping with kids is so difficult that I would try some online shopping. So I got plain white and gray tees (cause I am rather boring), a skirt and top, and a black cardigan which has a lovely lace cutout in the back!(and it all fits!) You'll also notice the pink flower head band and the necklace.

The necklace was a fun find, I liked the poetry of the heart with the anchor seeing as my love is out at sea. And since the heart is a locket I can even put his photo in it! Man I love being a girl! :D
So, it's been a fun day.