Monday, June 01, 2009

Busy little bee with a heavy heart...


So my beloved had to leave as I said before. Thankfully my parents were coming to visit over the weekend so I had just enough time to clean my house top to bottom and welcome their arrival and no time to sit around missing him. The kids are still adjusting a.k.a. not sleeping well, it's 8:30 right now and I can hear them up there playing and making a huge mess of their room. But I'm tired so I'm ignoring them for the moment.
I was reading Proverbs 31 yesterday evening before bed and was pondering the first couple verses about the woman who fears the Lord...

Proverbs 31: 10)An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
11)The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
12)She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.

I've been going through an entire study about being a help meet to my husband, what that looks like, how to truly become the woman that fears the Lord...and I've enjoyed practicing in the past months. striving to be a better wife and mother. But last night I was struck. In what ways can I specifically serve my husband, maintain his trust, and do him good while he is far from me physically?
Here are just a few of my ideas for the moment:
-Continuing in our plan of parenting and working hard to raise our little ones up in the Lord.
-Maintaining an orderly home and myself in a pattern of discipline so as not to fall into lazy habits or pity parties
-Pray for him daily
-affirm him from a distance, telling him of my pride in him and my love for him
-sending regular pages and letters from me and the children for moral
-keep a God honoring attitude and spirit
-maintain the cars, washing them and other small maintenance upkeep that is important.
-staying faithful to him always. (this seemed obvious to me at first, but I realized just now that many navy wives aren't faithful to their husbands when they are away and that mine appreciates that I do)
-Leaning on God for my strength and needs and never allowing myself to grow bitter or resentful towards my husband over his absence from the home.
-taking care of myself, spiritually, emotionally and physically, in other words not "letting myself go"

well that's all I can come up with right now but it's a good list I think. And one I will practice and work on in order to honor God and my husband while he is away. That I may continue to strive after becoming a woman who fears the Lord and who is far more precious that jewels.

wondering what else I'll be doing while he is away?

I have a bridal shower for a friend that my sister and I are hosting, then Gwendolyn's 2nd Birthday this June.
July brings my birthday, said friend's wedding, a visit from my mother in law, and most likely my youngest sister's bridal shower as well.
August will likely be my sister's wedding and a baby shower
during all those months as well as the ones to follow I will also be working on my house. Be sure to check in on my home blog if you're interested. I have some sewing projects I've been wanting to work on. And I'll be planning out the coming school year for Gabriel as we venture into the world of homeschooling!
And that's just the big stuff! I'm sure there will be plenty of trips to the park, pool and zoo as well as trips to see family and friends and hopefully visits from them as well.

So, just a few thoughts and some things to look forward to in my life.