Friday, October 31, 2008

What to wear on Halloween....

Or rather what i might be wearing if I had the time and money to make any of them. :)

First off we have my favorite gown from "Tristan and Isolde" which I actually have a pattern that's fairly close to so this one might be in production in the near future.



Next we have the "Gladiator" costume, I've always loved the whole wrapped up in ribbon thing. :) and who wouldn't want to finish it off by draping yourself in gorgeous luxurious fabrics? I mean really!



This one is from "Kingdom of Heaven", it doesn't get much screen time but I love it's construction and the color is divine!



Next is one of the many gorgeous costumes from "The Other Boleyn Girl". I have always like this style though which is called Cranach I believe.



Now we enter into the regency era. There are too many costume films here to show you all my favorites to I limited myself to only absolute favorites.
is it possible to fall in love with a time period because of their hats? well I love love love this one from "Sense and Sensability".



And again, Marianne's hat is just yummy! (she's on the left in case you didn't know)



Marianne's purple/brown gown has always been a favorite.



And I also love the color and print of this gown from "Becoming Jane".



here comes the true eye candy! this section could have gotten way too long as there are just way too many 18th century gowns i'm in love with but again, I show restraint, lol :)

this lovely concoction is from "The Duchess", isn't the hat just amazing!!! I read somewhere that Keira Knightly kept it she liked it so much, I knew I always liked her for a reason! haha :P



The following three are from "Marie Antoinette". This one is made stunning by the red velvet belt contrasted against the pale blue.



I love the trimming on this one and the bow around her neck is too fun! I wish I could get away with that on a daily basis. :) And the shirring and buttons down the front....ahh the detail!



This one might just be my favorite of all hers...maybe. I think I love it because it has a similar shape to bustle gowns which I love but it still maintains the conical shape of the 18th century something I also love. best of both I guess.



This one is another where the hat is what pulls me. It was one of the first promotional pictures to come out and had me drooling for more. I also love the salmon pink dress on the far right with the lacy sleeves!



Here we have my favorite gown from "Vanity Fair". I love the collar and her hair is a piece of art!



This is the Daun Jaun costume from "Phantom of the Opera". I have always liked it for multiple reasons. interestingly this costume has two corsets. a flesh colored over bust worn under the lacy chemise and the darker under bust which you see.



And from "Moulin Rouge" we have another one I seriously mean to make one day!



This one is from the movie "Silk", And I just love the lace inset, it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland for some reason, which happens to be a favorite of mine. :)



I have always thought this dress from "Cold Mountain" was so feminine and sweet looking.



I have been in love with this dress for a long time... the saddest part is that in the film, "Dracula" you see the bodice only for maybe 2 min.! it's truly a tragedy in the costumers world! lol, but really



the amount of work and detail in the train is just stunning!!!



The bustle cage itself is a beautiful piece of art!



This one is from "Van Helsing" and I actually like the one which looks just like this, but with a blue jacket, better however I couldn't find a good picture of it, so you get to see it's red twin!



There are many lovely gowns in "The Lord Of the Rings" but I have always loved this green one worn by Eoywn.



And finally there is the bedspread dress from "Enchanted" which I have a pattern for but still haven't found the right fabric...



so, there you have it, some of my favorite costumes in film and what i'd dress up as today if I could.

come back tomorrow for pictures of pumpkins and my little folk dressed up in their costumes! :D