Friday, October 10, 2008

it's the little things in life...

A couple weeks ago I ran to Target to pick up some diapers and walked passed this purse, I did a double take, the initial glance as you're hurrying by and then a "wait I really like that!" stop and look. But I was in a hurry and didn't have an extra $24 laying around and so kept walking.



Then I got some fun money from my beloved and while out with a friend decided to go ahead and treat myself! (thank you my love!) It is very soft and does not feel much like plastic. has a great color! I'm quite partial to bronze and copper these days. Not to mention great storage! Which is a must with small children.



Then yesterday I was getting ready to cook dinner, (yes I am actually cooking now!) and while reading through the recipe again was dismayed to find that I was supposed to be cooking the dish in and oven proof skillet. I don't own one and after looking at the scantiness that is my cook ware,(due to lack of good storage)I couldn't think of a thing to substitute or make it work. and so, off to Target, again!



$20! and I went home to cook! In case you are wondering, it was a very yummy dish called spinach and feta frittata, similar to a quiche. And also this is the third meal I've made this week from a cookbook, a personal record. The husband has given 3 out of 3 so that's even better! :)



Back to the trip to Target last night...
I was in a hurry so I could get home and make dinner for my hungry family and in the rush down the isles passed one of those end sections where they place clearance items. It had lamps for 75% off! There were three I liked but after a very quick thinking through decided I liked this one best for my home.



It's a brushed bronze and so lends warmth to wherever you place it not by it's lighting alone. It also has a classic feel to it, which I find I am drawn to more and more these days. Timeless is always better than trendy when you're on a tight budget and trying to decorate a home.



It's the little things...they warm the heart. My dear man loves me and works hard so he can support our family. I am so blessed to have so much, a home, healthy kids, a husband who loves me, and fun money to buy pretty things I don't really need. :)
God is good and faithful in his promises!



And my small stash of fun money barely noticed the loss with a price tag like this! Now I have to find a lamp shade but I'm looking forward to the hunt! :)