Friday, September 25, 2009

delayed blogging

I've been meaning to do this post for over a week now, indeed even uploaded the photos but then blogger froze up and I couldn't finish it. :(


Anyhow, I started home schooling Gabriel this year, we've been at it about 3 weeks now. We do a lot of little projects, coloring, painting, making and play learning games to make it fun and interesting. And lots of reading too when I can get him to sit still and listen! :)
This project was to learn how mixing colors makes new colors. We started with the primary colors of course and made green, purple and eventually a nice brown! He had so much fun playing scientist with his baster that I had a hard time getting him to stop after nearly and hour.





We've also been learning about spiders as there are many in our area at the moment, providing lots of fun study material. So of course making spiders was a given!
(ps, those pants are re-purposed from a shirt of mine I just never blogged cause we've been busy!)


busy doing what you ask? well aside from school, keeping the house clean and all the normal mom duties I've been planning my sister Erin's baby shower which is now a couple weeks away. I'll be sharing more on that soon I promise! but for now here's a peek at the invitations I made...