Thursday, May 07, 2009

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.


I have not blogged about this till now, mainly because I just wasn't ready. I've tried to write a post about it several times and always end up deleting it. But I think today's the day...
On March 23 I was at my parents home with all my siblings, we had just finished a weekend of many emotions, tears, hugs and general family bonding due to things I won't go into at the moment. We woke up to the news that my cousin Michael Haynes had been in a car crash and was in the hospital. the other driver was killed on the scene. as hours and then days passed we learned that he had been hit by a drunk driver going well over 100 MPH who was driving on the wrong side of the road. Michael was in a coma but fighting for life and things were starting to feel hopeful. On March 27 he passed away suddenly. He leaves behind his dear wife Tawny and their two precious children, Taryn (3) and Elias (17 months); parents, siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins and countless friends and co-workers as well who are deeply touched by his passing and share in the grief with his family.
Through this, my biggest comfort has been knowing he is in heaven with our Lord Jesus Christ, and witnessing the strength God has blessed Tawny with. In the weeks following her husband's passing she has not been idle, she is making a stand against drunk driving and all involved in the choices made when such things happen.
Here is a recent radio interview she did to make her voice heard...
It's a beautiful life
I hope you'll take a minute and listen, I personally bawled through the first half, but tears are no stranger to me the past couple months.
Michael, we miss you.
Tawny, I love you, you and your children are in my prayers daily. I am so proud of you and amazed at your strength. You are truly glorifying the Lord in these difficult circumstances and I know He will bless your faithfulness and efforts to affect a change.


Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall.